Mammoth is the leading cannabis manufacturing, distribution, and branding company in California.
Mammoth Distribution seeks a self-motivated, professional Director of Accounting to join our fast-growing team. This position reports to the CFO. To be successful in this role, you must be a detail-oriented team player who will be responsible for reviewing month-end closes and reconciliations, preparing and reviewing compliance and tax filings, managing day-to-day accounting assignments, and maintaining financial policies, procedures, and controls.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance
- 5+ years of overall Accounting/Finance experience
- Experience in the private sector a plus
- Thorough knowledge of Accounting principals and procedures, including US GAAP and Taxes
- Experience with creating financial statements
- Experience with an ERP implementation and roll-out a plus
- Proven track record of successfully managing people and processes
- CPA or CMA preferred
- Manage finance team and related operations, including but not limited to, Billing, A/R, A/P, GL and Counsel, Cost Accounting, Inventory Accounting, and Revenue Recognition
- Review month-end close and related reporting, prepare and publish monthly financial statements as needed/directed
- Perform analytical reviews of financial results
- Assist with developing and reviewing key performance indicators
- Guide financial decisions by establishing, monitoring, and enforcing policies and procedures
- Establish, monitor and enforce internal controls
- Prepare budgets by establishing schedules; collecting, analyzing, and consolidating financial data; recommending a plan of action
- Comply with federal, state, and local legal requirements by studying existing and new legislation; enforcing adherence to requirements, filing financial reports; advising management and taking the lead as directed on required actions
- Anticipates future legislation, shares information with the team and thinks strategically to plan accordingly and maintain compliance
- Identifies opportunities to enhance accounting processes, creates an implementation plan and manages the process to ensure successful execution
- Conserve time by reading, researching, and summarizing information to share with CFO, CEO, COO, etc.
- Function in accordance with established standards, procedures and applicable laws
- Manage and work with outside vendors including, but not limited to, auditors, brokers, etc.
- Take on additional responsibilities as needed
ADDITIONAL SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- Knowledge of US GAAP and taxes
- Creation and tracking of budgets
- Developing and maintaining internal control environment
- Adept at streamlining processes for maximum efficiency while retaining quality
- Analytical skills
- Microsoft Office
- Advanced Excel
- ERP experience preferred
- Good vision and hearing
- Clear speech and communication skills
- Ability to work on a computer at least eight (8) hours per day
- Able to lift up to 10 lbs
We are an equal opportunity employer, and do not unlawfully discriminate against, make employment decisions, or permit harassment based on perceived or actual race, color, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship, immigration status, marital status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity characteristics or expression, disability, medical condition, U.S. Military or veteran status, salary history, or any other basis protected under federal, state, or local laws, regulations, or ordinances. Our company is committed to complying with all applicable laws providing equal employment opportunities, including but not limited to the Fair Pay Act, FEHA, and all applicable laws and ordinances regarding conviction and arrest history.